Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Microsoft WPC 2008 is ready to start

This is the second time I will be involved in the Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference. The past year was a great experience and I have high expectations for this one.
After a very unpleasant trip from Slovenia to Houston I'm finally getting ready for my first meetings and activities.
Here goes the story of how the trip started:
At 2 am in the morning I woke up and prepared to go driving from Murska Sobota to the Airport Brnik, close to Ljubljana. Everything went as planned, I arrived to the airport on time.
Waiting and waiting the flight was delayed. And because of 15 minutes I lost my connection from Amsterdam to Houston.
But the delay gave me time to buy something I wanted to give as a present to some special visitors I will have in Houston! At least something good! I bought 2 bottles of very special Slovenian wine for a not special price... something like 45 euros per bottle!
I arrived to Amsterdam and I had to wait for the new connection. Instead of having a direct flight I got a trip to Detroit, where finally I would get the flight to Houston.
Yes, but something wrong happened also in Amsterdam. They confiscated my 2 bottles of wine! for security reasons they confiscated them because the special packaging they gave me is valid within the EU and not to visit the United States. No alternatives... at least I hope someone got an exclusive party for free!

In Detroit the security checkup was long and really stressful. It took more than one hour. And of course there I found that my luggage was still in Europe. When arrived to Houston I reported the problem and I started thinking how to be dressed the next day?

No comments: